The role of Senior Creative is essential to building a team that delivers outstanding outputs for our clients.
You’ll be fluent in UI, from concept to roll-out, and able to articulate your strategic design thinking.
You’ll have gravitas to inspire and influence the design team, approaching projects with thoughtful insights, fresh ideas and creative excellence.
You should be:
- Organised and have great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, pro-active and independent
- Understanding of the importance of working to the brief and deadlines, taking ownership for your part from end-to-end
- Likeable, with a sunny, optimistic outlook and the ability to influence and affect change
- An excellent communicator, with a fearless approach to open and honest exchanges
- Understanding of your role in the wider business ambitions of making better business, by delivering outstanding outputs at every interaction
- Approachable, resilient and flexible
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bringing your experience to interpreting briefs to best deliver on the client’s ambitions, with the aim of being the guiding hand behind the team’s consistent, intelligent and strategic design
- Elevating the studio’s breadth of thinking with inspiring wider-world research & insights
- Finding imaginative ways to dazzle the client by exceeding expectations, using your influence and experience to make this happen within budget
- Working with the wider teams to bring alive campaigns, helping to redefine what success looks like for our clients
- Fostering a great working relationship with the wider team, offering a safe pair of hands and a fresh pair of eyes, when projects need a little lift
- Using your diplomatic approach to guide the team around creative output, helping to motivate and challenge them to deliver best-in-class creative
- Be a custodian of best practice process, leading by example with compliance
- Help to implement our new QC process, focusing on right-first-time to save time & money – enabling more time for creative thinking & storytelling
- Supporting the wider design team by leading knowledge share on insights, strategies and programmes
- Helping to define brand guidelines, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Driving self-generated learning to be at the forefront of platform developments and innovations, and then sharing this with the wider team
- Showing leadership by approaching challenging projects with resilience, persistence and commitment
- Work with the senior team to resolve any issues quickly and effectively
- Polished knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, with a passion to explore alternative means to extend excellence for our clients (e.g Animate or AfterEffects)
- An excellent eye for layout, typography, illustration, form and style, with a continued desire to push the boundaries of what’s possible
- Understand colour & design theory and root this into your thoughtful designs
As part of the design team, you should:
- Aim for outstanding – the design studio’s work is the most visual representation of our quality and has the most influence on our reputation
- Be collaborative – through combining creative ideas and shared imagination you can encourage and nurture outstanding output
- Embrace change – you should never be afraid to offer perspective – or ask others theirs. You remain open-minded and flexible, constantly looking for new ways to make stuff happen and make the design better.
- Push for success – you are unafraid to try – and fail with a ‘nothing is impossible’ spirit, you should be resolute and tenacious enough to see things through and continuously push yourself and others to get the best results