You may interact with us in several different ways including via our website, our business representatives or our newsletters. Or you may be an employee or a prospective member of staff. This document covers the categories of personal information we collect through each of the ways you interact with us and the type of services you take from us.
Please see below to learn more about the topic that is of interest to you:
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect information to help manage your interactions with us and to provide a quality service:
- To deliver and manage services and programmes
- To be able to answer questions you may have now and in the future about the services we have provided to you;
- To fulfil our legal obligations as a business; and
- To help us run and grow our business.
- We also collect information, so we can tell you about our products and services.
- We will not collect any personal information from you we do not need.
The Data We Hold
If you are a client, most of the data we hold would have been provided by you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your name, title, position gender and date of birth
- Your business address, email address and telephone numbers
Some of the personal data we hold about you has been provided by you during interactions with our employees namely:
- Updates to your contact details. Address, email and phone
- Records of verbal or email conversations/meetings, including personal and philanthropic interests
- A record of the communications we have sent to you and any responses to such communications
- Your contact preferences
Information Collected Via Our Website
You can visit our site think.studio without telling us who you are or providing us with any personal information. However, we may collect the I.P. (Internet protocol) addresses of all our website visitors and other related information to be used to improve our website. We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
When you visit our website, you are presented with the option to “opt-in” to accept cookies. Our lawful basis for using cookies is your Consent via opting in.
Making Contact Via Our Website
You may choose to raise a query with us via the contact forms provided on our website. In this case we will collect and store your name and email address. As an alternative method of contact you may click on one of the email addresses on our website. In this case the link will open your own email application and you will not need to save your information on our website.
Information Collected For Our Email Newsletter
You may choose to subscribe to our email newsletter from our website. If you subscribe to our newsletter we use a “double opt-in” method to verify you are who you say you are. In order to send you the newsletter we will collect your name and email address and your preferences. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies.
Our lawful basis for holding this personal information is that you provide your Consent through opting in. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in each newsletter.
Information Collected About Our Customers
When you contract a product or service from us will collect the personal information required to perform the service. This information includes your name, billing and installation addresses, email address, phone number, payment method and other location information required to perform the service. We may also collect personal information of your staff where this is needed to provide the service to them.
Our lawful basis for collecting this information is that we have a Legitimate Interest to enable us to provide products and services to you.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We use a number of service providers to assist us deliver products and services to you and share necessary portions of your personal information with them:
- Our website hosting provider is CloudSpace.
- Our email newsletter provider, Think Systems UK Ltd, holds the personal information you provide that enables us to send you the newsletter.
- The information is only used for email newsletter subscriptions and no other purpose. The provider hosts your information outside of the EU but is an organisation that complies with the EU’s data privacy regulations;
- Contract documents, records and invoices of our suppliers are held on our servers;
- Our accounting system holds your personal information related to invoices and payments.
- All of our service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to use it only in compliance with applicable privacy laws. These companies are not authorised to use your information in any manner, other than in helping us to provide you with products and services or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- We may also disclose specific personal information about you if required by law, governmental request or court order if, based on our good faith belief, it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order.
Retention of Personal Information
We only keep your personal information as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it, or as otherwise required by law.
Information collected about Job Applicants, Current and Former Employees
All of the information you provide during the recruitment process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application and we will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for. We will use the information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position you have applied for, we may ask if you would like your details to be retained for up to a period of six months.
If we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. We need to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
You will therefore be required to provide proof of your identity and proof of your qualifications. We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references.
If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details – to process salary payments;
- National Insurance number and tax codes for use with HMRC; and
- Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work.
- During your employment with us we will collect and store information in your personnel file such as performance reviews and leave records.
Retention Of Employee Personal Information
If you become a member of staff the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment.
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point, and our interview notes will be retained for 6 months from your application.
Who We Share Our Employees’ Personal Information With
We share our employees’ personal information with our accountant for preparing payroll, with HMRC and with our pensions provider. We may also disclose specific personal information about you if required by law, governmental request or court order if, based on our good faith belief, it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against the loss, theft, unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. We only provide access to personal information to employees and authorised service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Privacy & Security Policy.
Sale Of Our Business
In the event of a merger or transfer of our business to a new owner we may transfer or share information we have about you to a third-party acquirer.
This policy was last updated in November 2018.
How to Contact Us about your personal information
If you wish to access or update the personal information we have about you, or to correct factual errors in our records, please email us or write to us at the addresses below. To protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Registered Office: 424 Margate Road, Westwood, Ramsgate, Kent, CT12 6SR, United Kingdom
Company Registration No: 05128948.
Email: email@example.com / Telephone: 01227 808040
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold on you at any time. If you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information, and have it corrected or deleted. If we are providing a service to you under contract, then it may not be possible to delete your information. We may also be required to retain some parts of your personal information for legal reasons – such as invoice and payment records. Please make such a request in writing. There will be no charge for reasonable requests for information and we will respond within 30 days. If it will take longer than 30 days to meet your request we will advise you accordingly.
If you wish to raise a request regarding your personal information or to register a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/